Udyam Registration and Udyog Aadhar
- Udyam Registration and Udyog Aadhar are the same since July 1, 2020, as Udyog Aadhar registration converted into the Udyam registration process.
- Udyog Aadhar only requires the applicant’s Aadhar card and provides instant self-certification according to the old MSME Definition, while Udyam Registration requires both the applicant’s GST and PAN card and provides verified certification according to the new MSME Definition.
- Udyog Aadhar is not integrated with other government portals like Gem and Trends portal, while Udyam Registration is fully integrated and registered during the Udyam Registration process.
- Udyog Aadhar has a short form compared to Udyam Registration, but the latter requires details from the Income Tax and GST in a long-form available on the Udyam Portal.
- Udyog Aadhar can be applied for without Aadhar Mobile Link Facility, while Udyam Registration requires an Aadhar card linked to a mobile number.
- Udyog Aadhar can be registered multiple times with different firm names, but Udyam Registration can only be registered once with an Aadhar Card Person Applicant.